Saturday, March 3, 2012

PUMPKINS

As anyone who knows me is aware, I love pumpkins. LOVE pumpkins. A ridiculous amount. Like, one of my favorite days of the year is when the pumpkin spice latte comes out at Starbucks- it's pretty much a holiday in my household. I love pumpkins so much, my family nickname is pumpkin. Want me to eat something? Tell me it has pumpkin in it. Want to make my day? Get me a pumpkin. My fall is literally, pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin.


So far this fall, I've had 4 different pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin soup, pumpkin frappicinos, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin cookies. My plan is to make pumpkin monkey bread in the morning and share that joy with you.

I would like to share a rather yummy recipe I found through stumbleupon for pumpkin shortbread cookies. I tried this recipe tonight and it worked out really well, especially for never having made shortbread before. I don't have a shortbread pan, persay, so I used a square brownie pan instead and it worked out great. The cookies are super easy to make- honestly, I found them easier than chocolate chip! They would be great at any time during the holiday season and can be made into very pretty hostess gifts!
Here is the direct link: http://sugarcrafter.net/2011/10/13/pumpkin-shortbread/

No comments:

Post a Comment